- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened*
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375* Grease a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan. **
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. ***
** I used 9x13 and lined with parchment paper - a gift from the gods.
*** If using a smaller pan like I did, just make sure the entire thing is the same color when taking out; no need to add time. I baked for 20 minutes and waited an additional two or three minutes for the entire thing to be brown and they came out PERFECT.