Apr 6, 2009

Popcorn Cauliflower

I guess I'll start this out with one of my very own recipes!

In another life, I lost about 75 pounds sticking to a low carb diet. It was glorious, really. The pounds melted away, I was cooking and eating great foods, and I was feeling absolutely amazing! But then life happened and I started to sneak in more and more (bad) carbs and now I'm even heavier than I was when I first started low carbing. Regardless, this is still one of my favorite SIMPLE recipes for a great, healthy side dish.



Popcorn Cauliflower (maybe someday I'll add a picture)

  • hot oven (475-500)
  • large bowl
  • baking sheet
  • cooking spray
  • head cauliflower chopped into florets (I usually just defrost a bag of frozen cauliflower florets and squeeze out the water)
  • olive oil
  • your favorite spices: salt, pepper, oregano, Italian seasonings, cayenne pepper and/or chili powder (if you want a little kick), garlic powder... whatever you like and have on hand
  • Parmesan cheese
In cold oven, make sure rack is a couple inches from top. Turn oven to HOT - like 475 to 500.

Empty cauliflower into large bowl and sprinkle on whatever spices/seasonings you like. Don't be shy with your favorites, either. Drizzle some olive oil and toss. Spray baking sheet (I cover with foil for easy cleanup) with cooking spray (like Pam) and pour cauliflower onto sheet and spread.

Put in hot oven for about 15, 20 minutes. You can toss occasionally if it makes you feel better. When the edges start to brown, take it out. Top with Parmesan cheese and ENJOY!

This same process/recipe can be used to make potatoes, too. YUM!

No comments: