Behold ... Brown Sugar Pancakes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (pref dark.)
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk, any kind
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt together brown sugar and butter. Stir well, then set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking power and salt.
- Pour in eggs, milk and vanilla extract, along with brown sugar mixture and stir until well combined. No streaks of dry ingredients should remain.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat, until a drop of water skitters around when dropped on the surface.
- Lightly grease with butter or oil, and drop pancake batter by 1/4-cup measures on the pan.
- Cook until pancake is slightly dry around the edges and small bubbles form in the batter (bottom will be browned).
- Flip and cook for another minute or so on other side, until bottom is browned.
I followed the recipe to a T and cooked them in butter which ended up browning a bit of course and the final taste? Fabulous! Just what I was wanting! Even the H liked them (as did the wee one).
And no syrup is really needed but the recipe does include another recipe for a brown sugar syrup.
This makes a LOT of pancakes. So much so that we're having them for breakfast tomorrow and Monday, too!