May 7, 2009

Laughing Cow Chicken

It's been a rough week as far as cooking. Once again, we never made it out to the grocery store so we ordered delivery Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I was out with a friend so I brought home something.

Tonight, I finally cooked again... and it was pretty decent again. Yay!


Laughing Cow Chicken
(found here)
  • 2 chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally 3/4 of the way through (so you can stuff the inside)
  • 2 wedges Laughing Cow light cheese, one per breast (I used garlic & herb instead)
  • Italian seasoning to taste
  • 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs (I used Italian seasoned)
  • Handful grated parmesan cheese
  • Cooking spray
  • Salt and pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Butterfly cut each chicken breast and spread one wedge of Laughing Cow inside the middle. Sprinkle Italian seasoning inside to taste. (I actually mixed my cheese and Italian seasoning in a bowl before spreading it on the chicken to give a nice even flavor) Fold chicken back over to original shape.
  3. Mix together bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Spray each chicken breast with cooking spray and then dip in bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on baking sheet.
  4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I served alongside those infamous Crash Hot Potatoes, which seem to make their way in our home once a week lately, and salad. The only thing I would do differently next time is I would season the breast with salt and pepper on the outside.

The hubs liked the meal just fine but says the Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken is still the best so far.


No comments: