The sides included my Damn Good Mashed Potatoes, my mom/Oma's Carrot Slaw, French's Green Bean Casserole (used Cream of Celery soup instead), and some nice Riesling wine to drink.
- thin sliced pork tenderloin, pounded a bit (can use turkey, chicken, etc - originally made with Veal but not by anyone in our family)
- bread crumbs (I used mixture of plain and Italian)
- vegetable oil
- After pounding out pork, salt and pepper both sides.
- Place about an inch worth of oil in frying pan and heat.
- Add about 1/2 cup of flour to a plate and spread over whole plate.
- Next to flour plate, place a bowl with a couple beaten eggs.
- Next to the egg bowl, place another plate with bread crumbs spread out.
- Take each piece of pork and dredge both sides through flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. (If you run low on anything just add to its plate or bowl.)
- Fry each piece in hot oil until they start floating, then flip and fry on other side. When golden brown, remove from oil and sprinkle a bit of salt.
- Serve alongside your favorite sides with a wedge of lemon.
And dessert were these fabulous Lemon Bars!