Apr 13, 2009

Schnitzel

I didn't get a picture of my fabulous Easter lunch yesterday, which included Schnitzel, because we wanted to just dive right in! Trust me: It looked and smelled wonderful. Both my father and husband raved on how good it all looked and tasted! And I enjoyed it as well!

The sides included my Damn Good Mashed Potatoes, my mom/Oma's Carrot Slaw, French's Green Bean Casserole (used Cream of Celery soup instead), and some nice Riesling wine to drink.

Schnitzel
  • thin sliced pork tenderloin, pounded a bit (can use turkey, chicken, etc - originally made with Veal but not by anyone in our family)
  • eggs
  • salt
  • pepper
  • flour
  • bread crumbs (I used mixture of plain and Italian)
  • vegetable oil
  1. After pounding out pork, salt and pepper both sides.
  2. Place about an inch worth of oil in frying pan and heat.
  3. Add about 1/2 cup of flour to a plate and spread over whole plate.
  4. Next to flour plate, place a bowl with a couple beaten eggs.
  5. Next to the egg bowl, place another plate with bread crumbs spread out.
  6. Take each piece of pork and dredge both sides through flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. (If you run low on anything just add to its plate or bowl.)
  7. Fry each piece in hot oil until they start floating, then flip and fry on other side. When golden brown, remove from oil and sprinkle a bit of salt.
  8. Serve alongside your favorite sides with a wedge of lemon.

And dessert were these fabulous Lemon Bars!

No comments: