- 1 lb ground beef (I used ground turkey!)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 8 oz. seashell pasta
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened in microwave (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used 1/2 a container)
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 9x13 pan
- cooking spray
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix softened cream cheese and sour cream in separate bowl.
- Spray bottom of 9x13 pan. Put pasta in bottom of pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over pasta.
- Spoon ground meat mixture over this.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
The best news is that S liked it, too. And that made my day because not only did I use the less fat version of cream cheese, but I also used Turkey instead of ground beef: two things S is not fond of. Or so he says. Needless to say, I didn't tell him my little secret - nor will I.
Things to remember for next time: cook the pasta a little longer. I thought (I'm *not* a kitchen person eh) that if I undercooked it, it would bake to perfection whereas if I cooked it to perfection, it would bake to mush. And I don't like mush.
But I was wrong.
It was still really friggin good though. And I can't wait for lunch tomorrow! :)
Also for next time: if making for just the two of us, I think I'm going to cut the recipe in half for four large servings rather than 8.