This dish is a combo of these two recipes here and here.
Sloppy Joe Bake
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 green pepper - diced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In hot lightly oil pan, cook onion and pepper for a couple minutes till the onion gets a bit translucent.
- Move onion and pepper to a bowl.
- In same pan, cook ground beef till brown and drain.
- While beef is cooking, mix Bisquick, egg, water and 1 cup of cheese and set aside.
- Add onion and pepper back to beef mixture.
- Next add ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, salt, and pepper and mix good and cook till hot.
- Transfer meat mixture to a greased 9x9 pan.
- Cover meat mixture with bisquick mixture and spread to coat top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Pop in oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes till golden brown.
I served next to some tomatoes with salt, pepper, basil, EVOO, and vingar... Delicious!