Apr 15, 2009

Cheez-It Chicken & Popcorn Cauliflower

"This is the best meal yet," S told me while eating a second piece of chicken.

I was a little sad because my Easter Lunch was da bomb, but whatever. I'm over it. I'm just glad he seemed to *really* like a complete meal for once.

This one will definitely be made again.

Cheez-it Chicken

I came up with this brilliant idea last week when I was noshing on some Cheez-its and I thought I was revolutionary but then I went online and did a search for Cheez-it Chicken and was bombarded by tons of recipes. Whatever. This is how I made mine...for 2.

  • 3 chicken breast, rinsed and patted dry
  • Cheez-its, about a cup
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Oregano
  • Basil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Cooking spray
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
  3. Place Cheez-its in baggie and crush. Add favorite seasonings and shake.
  4. Salt (lightly as the Cheez-its will provide plenty of salt) and pepper your chicken.
  5. Dip chicken in bowl with beaten egg.
  6. Coat chicken with crushed Cheez-its and seasonings mixture.
  7. Place covered chicken on baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, until cooked through.
I served alongside one of favorites sides, Popcorn Cauliflower!

No comments: