Mmm, mmm, these are just damn good!
For 6-8 servings
- 3/4 bag of potatoes (I used red and left the peels on)
- butter - about 1/2 stick
- milk - about 1/2 a cup
- sour cream - about 1/2 a cup
- Clean and cut potatoes into chunks and throw in large pot.
- Fill pot with water about two inches above potatoes and boil until fork very easily can poke through potatoes.
- Warm up milk and butter so that it's hot enough to melt the butter.
- Drain potatoes and bring back to pot.
- Add salt and pepper and press down on potatoes with unplugged hand mixer beaters (or masher).
- Add warm milk/butter.
- Mix on low - maybe 20 seconds.
- Add sour cream.
- Mix on low.
- Add salt and pepper or more milk and/or butter if need be.
So, so good.
I made these tonight and will stick in the oven tomorrow when the green been casserole is baking. Before I put it in the oven, I'll throw a couple dots of butter on top and hopefully these will turn out even better than they did tonight.
Cuz tonight... tonight, they were Damn Good mashed potatoes!
4/13/09 update: Even reheated - by way of the oven with the taters covered with aluminum foil after adding a couple dabs of butter - these were SPOT ON.