May 9, 2011

Pistachio Cake

Yesterday was Mother's Day and while the plan was to take my mom, grandmother, and mother in law all out to eat, my grandmother wasn't really wanting to go out. Instead she invited us over for cake and coffee so I insisted that we bring the cake.

And because it was Mother's Day, I wanted something a little different and hopefully something new for my grandmother. I asked around and a friend suggested Pistachio Cake so I went for it.



Pistachio Cake
1 box of white cake mix
3 boxes of pistachio pudding
5 eggs
½ cup water
1 & ½ cup milk
½ cup oil
1 container cool whip
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Mix white cake mix, 2 pkgs of pudding, eggs, water, 1/2 cup milk and oil together.
  • Pour into a greased & lightly floured bundt pan.
  • Bake for 1 hour at 350.
  • Let cool.
  • Mix together 1 pkg pistachio pudding, 1 cup milk, 1 container of cool whip and frost cake when cool.



This really was all kinds of yummy. I was hesitant at first because I'm not the hugest Pistachio fan but this was really good. And sooooooo easy. Personally, I think the frosting was a bit much and this could've been served with some powdered sugar, but everyone really enjoyed it all as is.


No comments: