Oct 2, 2010

ABCDEasy Chicken Pot Pie

How hard could it be to make a pot pie when things such as premade pie crust and frozen veggies, as well as chicken in a can exist? NOT HARD.

How tasty could such a concoction be? THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.

Haha, I kid. Sort of.

ABCDEasy Chicken Pot Pie

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pkg of 2 each pie crusts, room temp
  • 1 frozen bag of veggies of your choice, thawed
  • 1 (or more) can of chicken breast, drained
  • 2 cans of cream of ____ soup (I used chicken, next time I'll use potato I think!)

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Unroll 1 pie crust in bottom of ungreased glass pie dish
  3. Pour soup on top (I used condensed soup so I spooned out 1/2 a jar and layered it atop the pie crust and added water to the rest and mixed real good before adding)
  4. Add chicken
  5. Add veggies
  6. Unroll 2nd pie crust over
  7. Cut slits on top
  8. Bake on top of cookie sheet (in case there is spillage) for about 45 minutes or until golden brown

VERDICT:
Edible. My problem was mainly with the veggies. They were awful and soggy. I'm thinking they should've been tossed in frozen. Not sure though as I'm not really a cook. Also the chicken was... I dunno exactly but I could tell it wasn't fresh chicken. If I had the time and energy, I definitely would've used real chicken breast and fresh veggies. I'm certain it would be tastier. It wasn't horrible, but it could be better. But, it's definitely super quick.  The pie crust is my favorite part of this- but that's the case with any pot pie.

I did save some for the baby though and am hoping she might enjoy it for dinner (didn't get done in time for lunch cuz I'm a bad momma like that :(  )- hence the name of this dish.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm glad you're back!